Friday, August 26, 2005

Day 1 and Day 2

I guess I should start off with yesterday. It was pretty good. My day started off with Ms. Justice, who I've heard many bad things about, but she seems pretty decent. I then have Ms. Haney for Networking, who is really nice. I then have Ms. Fielding for math. It seems like her grading system will be a pain in the butt. At least I can get loads of extra credit from the math competitions. My last class of the day was Ms. Moore for chemistry, who is also pretty nice. I don't have too much to elaborate on as it was a pretty good, average-looking day.

Today started off with Mr. Fisher for Physics. I'm completely sure he has both ADD and ADHD. His class will be nuts. He's very unclear on due dates, and we have these contract things that will be hard to get organized and even harder to write down in my agenda. I then had Ms. Harsen for English. Finally, an average, decent English teacher. I'll get back to the results of my schedule change next paragraph, but my last class of the day was Civics & Economics with Ms. Vrettos. It's too early to tell too much about her, but it seems she is a stickler for notebooks.

I finally got the schedule change request form back, and it went through. The good news is that I'm out of Jazz Ensemble. The bad news is that I'm directly into Theatre with Ms. Petta. (Too bad I don't have it with Clare.) It doesn't seem like it would (note the tense) be a lot of fun in her class. She's a cross between very strict and slightly wacky. I've already submitted another schedule change request form, this one to get out of Theatre and into a computer course. The reason that I put down on the form? "Another course would be more challenging, and more useful to me later in life."

We'll see if this all works out. If nothing changes, I should be ok. (If all goes as I want it to, it should be great.)

4 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 12:43 PM, Blogger Roshan said...

Hey hey, don't diss Mr. Fisher, he's got to be the coolest teacher we've got. You're just not an individual, no wonder you didn't like Ayn Rand! ;)

 
At 8/27/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Whaaaat? I loved Ayn Rand!

It's just that Mr. Fisher is so ADHD-like, changing topics on a dime, and so unclear on due dates. I'm fine with his class format.

 
At 8/28/2005 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like Ayn Rand? I don't think I can associate with you anymore...

 
At 8/28/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Exxageration/Sarcasm.

Well, the fact that my mother's favorite author is Ayn Rand is completely true. (Not that I mentioned that before.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home