Thursday, January 04, 2007

Don't Order Tea at Starbucks

A few friends of mine and I went out for sushi a few months ago, and stopped by a Starbucks right afterwards. (Mind you, I have three independant groups of friends. This is not the group with Roshan or the group with Clare in it. Although I still wouldn't mind them taking me out for sushi.)

I didn't feel like coffee, so I ordered hot tea. And I got my horribly expensive tea. From a teabag.

That tea from Starbucks was probably the same cost as ordering a cup of tea from Tea ReX. Ironic how that water-and-a-teabag cost just as much, if not more, than a really great cup of real tea.

Well, I've learned that you just shouldn't order something like tea or black coffee at a Starbucks. Why spend a horrendous amount for something you can make yourself at home? Better to order something like caramel frappacino (which is really good, mind you.)

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 5:42 PM, Blogger Roshan said...

Heavens forbid, a teabag.

Tea really isn't too bad when made with a teabag....but I do agree that there's no point in getting something from Starbucks you could make at home; then again, their hot chocolate is freakin amazing.

 
At 1/09/2007 5:04 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

It's not the teabag that was the problem.

It's that it was a freaking four dollar teabag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home